Carrying cash has become an outdated concept, especially when planning a hefty transaction. Credit cards have brought utmost comfort and safety to transactions. With mere swiping of the card, you can pay for an array of items without having to carry any cash.
Due to exciting offers, cashback, and great safety, credit cards have become a win-win option for most customers. There are several companies, government and private sector banks that offer different types of credit cards.
Based on the income and credit history of the customers, they may get a certain credit limit on their credit cards. Let’s know in detail about the credit cards, their uses, and the benefits offered which offers a great customer experience.
List of 17 Credit Cards with No Annual Fee:
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||Buy 1 get 1 ticket on BookMyShow|
|Amazon welcome voucher of 500|
|ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card||Amazon Prime users get 5% cashback for transactions on Amazon|
|3% cashback for non-prime users and 1% cashback on other websites.|
|Axis Insta Easy||100% cash withdrawal of credit limit from day 1|
|Get a credit limit of up to 80% of the principal value of the FD.|
|IDFC First Select Credit Card||No expiry of reward points|
|Complimentary airport and railway lounge visit once every 3 months.|
|ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Visa Card||This card comes with No Joining Fee, No Annual fee, No Supplementary Card Fee|
|With PAYBACK pints you can redeem many vouchers and gifts|
|Enjoy a Fuel Surcharge waiver on your fuel transactions|
|Kotak Fortune Gold Card||Interest-free cash withdrawal make it a super useful credit card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver for filling between 500 to 3,000|
|Zero percent Balance Transfer|
|Enjoy a number of Redemption benefits|
|50,000 cover against credit card fraud cases.|
|SBI Card Unnati||Accepted at 24 million outlets across the globe.|
|1% surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps in India.|
|500 cashback on spending 50,000 in a year.|
|Get a ?2000 Amazon voucher as a welcome gift.|
|Axis Bank Select Credit Card||6 complimentary international lounge visits in a year.|
|5000 EDGE points on spending 3 Lakh in one anniversary year.|
|On spending 30,000 in a year, the annual fee is waived off.|
|IndianOil CITI Platinum Credit Card||1% fuel surcharge reversal on all IndianOil fuel pumps in India.|
|4 Turbo points on ?150 transactions and 2 Turbo points on 150 transactions on groceries and supermarkets.|
|1 Turbo point means 1 free fuel.|
|1% fuel surcharge waiver for the maximum transaction of 4000 at fuel stations in India.|
|ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card||25% off up to 100 on two tickets at BookMyShow.|
|Global emergency assistance service available.|
|15,000 bonus reward on the spending of 6 Lakh in an anniversary year.|
|YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card||Flight accidental death cover of 50 Lakh|
|Medical emergency hospitalization cover 15 Lakh for emergencies during travelling overseas.|
|Credit shield cover for primary card members in case of accidental death.|
|YES Prosperity Reward Plus Card||12,000 bonus reward on spending 3.6 Lakh in an anniversary year.|
|1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps in India.|
|Life insurance cover of 1 Lakh in case of death due to flight accidents.|
|YES First Preferred Credit Card||Medical cover for emergency hospitalization during overseas traveling.|
|20,000 bonus reward after spending 7.5 Lakh.|
|Pay up to 2000 by tapping on the card without swiping.|
|Axis My Zone Easy Credit Card||SonyLiv Premium annual subscription by spending in the first 30 days of a credit card.|
|Buy 1 Get 1 free movie ticket on Paytm movies.|
|25% on movie tickets at BookMyShow|
|YES Premia Credit Card||1%fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps of India|
|6 reward points on every ?200 transactions.|
|Online video KYC is available. No need for physcial verification.|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card||Convert all the outstanding into EMIs at zero processing fees.|
|3D secure OTP verification with your mobile number for the safety of the card.|
|5 reward points for 150 transactions at fuel pumps and fine-dine outlets in India.|
|1% fuel surcharge waiver at all Indian fuel pumps for transaction between 400 to 4000.|
|IndusInd Bank Platinum Card||"Total Protect" cover fraudulent cases done through IndusInd Bank Platinum Card.|
|Get flight accident cover of 25 Lakh.|
|1.5 reward points on spending 150|
Details of 17 credit cards with no annual fee:
The annual fee on credit cards is charged for the fact that you are using it. However, not every credit card is entitled to this charge. There are various companies that offer you credit cards with no annual fees. Let’s have a look at some of the top lifetime free credit cards-
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
Platinum card is among the popular credit cards with no annual fee. The HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is offered by HSBC, the Hong-Kong owned banking corporation. This is one of the credit cards with no annual fee. You can use this card for paying bills for travelling, online shopping, dining etc. The striking features of this credit card are as follows-
- This is a lifetime free credit card.
- A primary cardholder can avail fuel surcharge waiver at all the fuel pumps in India. The transaction must be between ₹400 to ₹4,000.
- On a transaction of every ₹150, you get 2 reward points.
- In case you cross the cap limit of ₹4,00,000, you get 5X reward points.
- You can avail of the benefit of 15% off dining at more than 1000 restaurants in India.
- Air Miles conversion benefits are available between InterMiles, British Airways, and Singapore Airlines. The Air Miles provide excellent points for Singapore Airlines.
- The issuer gets an Amazon voucher of INR 500 as a welcome bonus.
- On 5 transactions under 60 days, the bank offers 10% cashback up to INR 20,000 on a transaction of INR 10,000 and more.
- You get vouchers of ₹500 on transactions of ₹50,000 on BookMyShow.
- You can get a new HSBC credit card in 3 days.
- The fraudulent cover of ₹3,00,000 is offered for HSBC’s platinum credit card after the case is registered.
ICICI Amazon Pay
This is one of the best credit cards for people who are frequent Amazon users. This credit card also comes with zero annual fees. Some of the striking features of this credit card are-
- If you do not have Amazon Prime, you still get a cashback of 3% on shopping at Amazon.
- The primary cardholders who are Amazon Prime users are entitled to 5% cashback on shopping at Amazon.
- For shopping at more than 100 Amazon Pay Merchant Partners, there is a cashback of 2%
- For other payments than on Amazon, you get a cashback of 1%
- At select partners restaurants in India, there is a discount of 15%
- The rewards earned have no expiry date.
- Rewards can be used to purchase several products at Amazon.
- There are no joining fees for ICICI Amazon Pay.
Axis Insta Easy Credit Card
Axis Bank offers Insta Easy Credit Cards with a zero annual fee. You need to have a fixed deposit of a minimum of ₹20,000 in Axis Bank in order to avail of this credit card. With minimal documentation, you can easily get this credit card and enjoy making payments for various products and services. Let’s have a look at its features.
- You get a 50-day free trial.
- You can use 100% of your credit limit as soon as you get the credit card.
- You can get a credit limit of up to 80% of the principal value of your FD.
- The credit card offers a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for fuel transactions at all the filling stations in India. For this, the fuel transactions must be between ₹400 to ₹4,000.
- Fuel surcharge waiver is offered up to ₹400 per month.
- People between the age of 18 to 70 years can apply for this credit card.
- Both residents and Non-resident Indians can become the primary cardholder
- The bank offers an Amazon voucher of ₹2000 as a welcome bonus.
- On a minimum purchase of ₹2,000 on BigBasket, you get 20% off up to ₹500.
- You get 40% off up to ₹200 on Swiggy mobile app when you log in with your mobile number.
IDFC First Select Credit Card
This lifetime free credit card is offered by IDFC First Bank, the private-sector bank. The bank offers various rewards and bonuses for transactions made using the IDFC First credit card. To know more about its features, let’s have a look at the pointers below-
- There is no expiry date for reward points.
- You get 10X reward points on incremental transactions above ₹20,000 per month.
- There are 6X reward points for online transactions of ₹20,000 every month.
- The user is eligible for 3X reward points for making transactions of up to ₹20,000 every month in a store.
- The credit card offers a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% for all fuel transactions in the country. The maximum availed benefit can be ₹300 per month.
- IDFC First Select Credit Card Offers buy one get one offer on movie tickets up to ₹250. This can be availed twice a month.
- Once every 3 months, you can get 4 complimentary airport lounge visits.
- Once every 3 months, you can get 4 complimentary railway lounge visits.
ICICI Platinum Chip Visa Card
With a zero annual fee, the ICICI Platinum Chip Card is a great choice for people who are not frequent restaurant visitors. This is one of the most popular credit cards that offers amazing benefits. Let’s have a look at them-
- The primary cardholder can get a minimum of 15% off on transactions at over 800 restaurants in India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all HPCL filling stations for fuel transactions up to ₹4000.
- For retail transactions of ₹100, 2 payback points are offered.
- The Platinum Chip Card by ICICI neither has any joining fee nor any supplementary Card fee in a calendar year
- Apply once and enjoy a lifetime free card
- You get 1 payback point on transactions of ₹100 on retail and insurance products.
- Contactless payments make transactions easier and quicker
- The credit card has an embedded microchip for security purposes
- If you are above 23 years, you can opt for this Credit card.
Kotak Fortune Gold Card
Kotak Fortune Gold Card is yet another zero annual fee credit card that is quite popular among Indian entrepreneurs. You can withdraw cash without interest. People between the age of 22 to 65 years of age with an annual income of ₹3 Lakh, can apply for this credit card. Its striking features are-
- Request for a demand draft online or offline with Kotak Fortune Gold Card.
- The card offers interest-free cash withdrawal for 48 days.
- Get a fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between ₹500 to ₹3000. The maximum benefit availed in one year cannot exceed ₹3,500.
- Get a cover of ₹50,000 in case of credit card fraud.
- Get 4 PVR tickets or a cashback of ₹750 on spending ₹1,50,000 in one year.
SBI Card Unnati
SBI Card Unnati is a unique credit card that offers 4-calendar year’s zero annual fee. Unnati represents progress towards contactless payments. Customers with an SBI FD of a minimum of ₹25,000 are capable of applying for this credit card. It offers some of the amazing features as listed below-
- The annual fee credit card of ₹499 is waived off for the first 4 years.
- On spending ₹100, 1 reward point is offered.
- On spending ₹50,000 in a year, get ₹500 cashback.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between ₹500 to ₹3000
- This card covered 24 million outlets across the globe.
- The reward points can be redeemed to get exciting gifts.
- The SBI Card Unnati is applicable to any outlet that accepts Visa or MasterCard.
Axis Bank Select Credit Card
This is yet another lifetime free credit card which is one of the best options for Axis Bank’s Burgundy employees. Various online shopping platforms have offers on Axis Bank Select Credit Card that makes it worth having. Let’s read what benefits it offers-
- ₹2000 Amazon voucher availed on the first transaction using the Axis Bank Select Credit Card.
- 20% off up to ₹500 on purchases made on BigBasket.
- Get 40% off up to ₹200 on Swiggy orders.
- Buy 1 Get 1 free ticket worth up to ₹300 on BookMyShow. This offer can be availed once a month.
- Get 6 complimentary international lounge visits in a year.
- Get priority pass membership renewal on spending ₹3 Lakh in one anniversary year.
- On spending ₹3 Lakh in one anniversary year, you get 5000 Edge points.
- 10 EDGE points are offered on every ₹200 transactions.
IndianOil CITI Platinum Credit Card
The IndianOil CITI Platinum Credit Card is a great choice when it comes to availing of the benefit of a fuel surcharge waiver. With a minimum purchase of ₹30,000 per year, the annual fee credit card is waived off. Apart from the fuel surcharge waiver, it offers several other benefits as well. Let’s have a look at them-
- Get 4 Turbo Points for every ₹150 transactions.
- 1% fuel surcharge reversal on all IndianOil fuel stations in India.
- For spending ₹150 on groceries and supermarkets, you get 2 Turbo points.
- 1 Turbo point is equal to ₹1 Rupee free fuel.
- 250 Turbo points are offered for the first transaction within 30 days of a credit card.
- On spending ₹30,000 in a year, the annual fee is waived off.
ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card
The Platinum Credit Card offered by ICICI requires no joining charge. It also does not charge any annual fee for the continuation of the credit card services. With an FD of a minimum ₹20,000 in ICICI Bank, you can apply for the Platinum credit card. To know about its features and benefits, refer to the pointers below-
- Get 25% off up to ₹100 on the purchase of two BookMyShow tickets. It can be available twice a month.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at the maximum transaction of ₹4000 at fuel pumps in India.
- You get global emergency assistance and also card replacement services.
- 2 payback points on transaction of every ₹100
- For spending ₹100 on utilities and insurance categories, you get 1 payback point.
- Payback points can be redeemed to get exciting gifts.
YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card
YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card is a great choice if you often make online purchases or have international expenditures. People of age between 21 to 60 years with a minimum annual income of ₹60,000 can apply for this credit card. One must either be Salaried or self-employed to be eligible for this service. Let’s have a look at its striking features-
- 15,000 bonus reward points on the spending of ₹6 Lakh per anniversary year.
- 4 reward points on every ₹200 transactions.
- 2 reward points for every ₹200 transactions on select categories.
- 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge visit in India once every 3 months.
- Get life insurance coverage of ₹50 Lakh for death due to flight accidents.
- Get ₹15 Lakh medical emergency cover. Emergency hospitalisation when travelling overseas is covered under this benefit.
- Credit shield cover for primary cardmembers. They get a cover in case of accidental death.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between ₹400 to ₹5000 at all Indian fuel stations.
YES Prosperity Reward Plus Credit Card
People with a minimum annual salary of ₹35,000 can apply for YES Prosperity Reward Plus Card. The minimum age limit is 21 and the maximum is 60 years of age. In case you have an FD of ₹30,000 in YES Bank, you can also apply. However, having an FD is not compulsory. There are several features offered by this credit card. Let’s have a look at them-
- The issuer gets accelerated reward points on select transactions done via YES CART.
- After spending ₹3.6 Lakh in an anniversary year, 12,000 bonus reward points are offered.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between ₹400 &₹4000 at all fuel pumps in India.
- 4 reward points are offered for every ₹200 transactions.
- 2 reward points for every ₹200 transactions on select categories.
- The primary cardmember gets the credit shield cover in case of accidental death.
YES First Preferred Credit Card
Redeeming the rewards points and enjoying maximum benefit is quite simple if you have a YES First Preferred Credit Card. This is a zero annual charge credit card. People with an annual salary of ₹2 Lakh and above can apply for this credit card. One must be between 21 years to 60 years of age. Let’s have a look at the array of features and benefits it offers-
- You get a 20,000 bonus reward after spending ₹7.5 Lakh.
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits in India once in 3 months.
- You get life insurance cover of ₹1 Crore for death due to a flight accident.
- The credit card offers medical insurance cover for emergency hospitalisation when travelling abroad. The maximum cover is ₹25 Lakh.
- 8 reward points are offered for every ₹200 transactions.
- 4 reward points are offered for every ₹200 transactions on select categories.
Axis My Zone Easy Credit Card
With minimal documentation and guaranteed approval, this is one of the most popular credit cards offered by Axis Bank. This is yet another zero annual fee credit card that offers a number of benefits to every user. With a minimum FD of ₹20,000 in Axis Bank, one can apply for this credit card. Some of its striking features are as follows-
- 25% cashback on movie tickets purchased online or at the box office.
- You can make a transaction of up to ₹2000 by mere tapping on the card.
- 100% cash withdrawal limit from day 1 of the credit card.
- Get Buy 1 Get 1 free movie ticket at Paytm movies.
- By spending in the first 30 days of credit card, you get SonyLiv Premium annual subscription worth ₹999
- The card offers 40% on Swiggy orders.
YES Premia Credit Card
Either against the FD of ₹20,000 or an annual income of ₹1.5 Lakh, you can apply for YES Premia Credit Card without any hassle. People between the age of 21 to 60 years are eligible for using this credit card. The amazing benefits offered by this credit card are commendable. Let’s have a look at them-
- Twice a year, you get the benefit of 2 complementary international lounges.
- Reward points are available on select transactions done through YES CART.
- Get 25% off on BookMyShow movie tickets.
- On a transaction of ₹200, 6 reward points are given.
- Primary cardmembers can avail of the benefit of 1 complimentary domestic lounge visit once every 3 months.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps in India. Transactions must be between ₹400 to ₹4000.
Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card
The London-based bank, Standard Chartered offers one of the most popular Platinum Credit Cards. People between the age of 21 and 65 years of age with a stable monthly income can apply for this credit card. Let’s have a look at its exciting features.
- Get supplementary credit cards for your family members.
- The 3D secure OTP verification with your mobile number provides the utmost online transaction safety.
- You can convert 100% outstanding into EMIs at zero processing fees.
- Get 1 reward point for a transaction of ₹150.
- Get 5 reward points on spending ₹150 on all fuel stations in India.
- Get 5 reward points on spending ₹150 on fine-dining outlets in India.
- KYC is done through online video. No need for physical appearance.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
IndusInd Bank offers the Platinum Credit Card with amazing reward point benefits and other offers. The travel and fuel benefits make it one of the most availed credit cards. Not only this, but the credit card also offers lifestyle privileges like concierge services, golf lessons, etc. To know more about its features, let’s have a look at the pointers below.
- On spending ₹150, get 1.5 reward points.
- Get comprehensive insurance benefits for lost or delayed baggage, loss of passport, loss of ticket, or missed connection.
- Get EazyDiner vouchers on first use of the credit card.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps in India for transactions between ₹400 to ₹4000.
- Get “Total Protect” cover for credit card frauds.
- Get a flight accident cover of ₹25 Lakh.
- Reward points are offered on all sorts of transactions other than fuel payments.
- The reward points are eligible to be redeemed for exciting gift vouchers.
What is a Credit Card and what are its uses?
A credit card is one of the widely used tools for making financial transactions. A credit card is like an ATM card or debit card that allows you to swipe and make instant payments. So, what is the difference between a debit and a credit card? The very basic difference between a credit and a debit card is the former allows you to make a payment now and pay later and a debit card makes transactions from your bank account balance. A credit card can be used for making the payment of almost all the products and services for which you use debit cards. The issuer sets a credit limit on your credit card by taking into consideration your income, credit score, and credit history.
You are provided a grace period under which the underlying payment has to be done. Crossing the limit charges interest on the amount. So, using the card wisely can make your financial transactions smooth and safe. Many credit card companies charge an annual fee to continue the service. However, there are several companies that offer credit cards with no annual fee. But before heading to the list, first, let’s have a look at the features-
Purchase now, pay later
The best part about a credit card is it allows you to make instant payments with the freedom to repay it later. So, if you have something hefty to purchase, you need not accumulate your bank account balance to do so. Use the credit card now and pay later under the grace period. Make sure you repay it under the given limit to avoid any penalty.
Bonuses and cashback
Even on credit cards with no annual fee, there are several bonuses offered especially for the initial months. Some of the credit card companies offer cashback on most of the transactions. All these eventually make your experience better and enhanced.
A safe choice
Financial tools like credit or debit cards offer a good amount of security. However, in case of a debit card fraud, the money from your bank account is misused and you do not get it back until the case is solved. On the other hand, if a credit card fraud happens, it is not your money directly that goes in vain. The credit card company settles it for you.
Apart from payment benefits, the credit card company also offers several insurances along with credit cards. It may include travel insurance, rental car insurance, extended manufacturer’s warranty on certain products.
Some debit cards may not be universal or applicable to all the products or services you wish to pay for. Also, most hotels and rental services demand credit card payments for their convenience. So, having a credit card means a gateway to a number of products and services across several countries.
The aforementioned are some of the top credit cards that do not require any annual charge for the continuation of the service. So, you can surf through these options and accordingly decide which one can yield you maximum benefit. Having a good credit history and credit score can let you have the one as per your choice. Make sure to never hold the repayment and complete this task on time. As credit cards offer freedom to make purchases, it is also vital to think twice before making hefty purchases using the credit card to avoid any future chaos. Get your favourite credit card today and swipe up your favourite products today!